Saturday, November 20, 2010

Figmas…Nendoroids and PVC Statues

 

So, before anything else, let me just say that this is a rant. I saw something in the net that freakin’ annoyed me and yes it has something to do with the title of my blog post. This just really annoyed me and honestly I’m not trying to be an ass or anything because I know that there are some people who doesn’t know the difference between Figmas, Nendoroids and PVC statues.

Actually, here’s the thing I saw a store online (not going to say the name for the store’s sake) who is selling Figmas, Nendos and PVC statues. I know, nothing wrong with that right? But that’s where you’re wrong!

I don’t think the store knows the difference between those 3 things.

Just to be clear, I’m not a veteran in collecting figures and I actually just started a year ago but come on! Before you sell things you should at least do some research and KNOW WHAT YOU’RE SELLING!!!

I repeat, there are still other people who wants to start collecting figures and will sometimes ask for guidance from some of the stores. So, as idealistic as this may sound, I believe that store owners should be knowledgeable or at least understand the different things that they’re selling.

Let’s put it this way, if a certain someone asks you for a figma and then you hand out  PVC statues instead and that customer, who doesn’t know what a figma even is, starts to call it a figma, it’s just a freakin’ mess waiting to happen.

I also understand that the customer should also have some knowledge about what he/she is buying but come on! Don’t you think this is a bit unfair?

So for future figure store sellers please understand why I’m being an ass about this, I really love collecting and I just don’t want it to become a joke.

For starters, a FIGMA is not short for FIGURE/FIGURES, it is actually produced by MAX FACTORY and distributed by GOOD SMILE COMPANY.

aigis_figma

something like this

A NENDO or NENDOROID, is a product of GOOD SMILE COMPANY and is known for their chibiness and petitness.

kagami_nendoroid

something like this

…and a PVC Statue I can’t actually have a proper description for this one but a PVC Statue is CERTAINLY NOT A FIGMA.

one_piece_pop_luffy

now this is a PVC Statue

So, please, I’m not saying that you have to be a “master” of some sort to sell figures but you should at least know what you’re selling. You can do a little research, etc if you want it’s easy as clicking and reading.

I just think that it’s unfair for your customers, good if they know their stuff but just sad…really sad if they don’t.

So, why am I so affected by this crap?

Well, long story short, my first nendo and kotobukiya set were bootlegs and I was really disappointed about it. I kept trying to attach Saber Lily’s limbs but it just kept falling off. The color was bad and so is the stand.

If it wasn’t for a friend who pointed this out to me, I wouldn’t have continued collecting, which would have sucked.

I just don’t want other people to have the same bad experience as mine.

BTW, for those who doesn’t know…CLASS A = BOOTLEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment