Friday, April 8, 2011

Freezing Season 2 Please!!!


freezing-satellizer

Unexpected twist! Pandora mode activated! Go! Go! Go! XD


Well, before anything else this blog post is in no way a review for some reason I am incapable of doing reviews for both animes that I do like and animes that I don’t like. They seem to turn out as raves and rants rather than proper reviews so I gave up making a review a long time ago.

So, let’s get started with this Freezing.

To be honest, Freezing is an anime that I NEVER EVER expected to watch this season, mainly because of TOO MUCH FANSERVICE. But crazily enough someone showed me a certain episode (the “prom” event) and it got me giggling like a 5 year old so I gave this a chance and lo and behold the first episode already filled the screen with bewbs and see through clothing.

I was gonna give up on the anime from that scene alone but I just thought it would be unfair if I don’t even finish the first episode so I finished it with bewbs flailing around and all that stuff but strangely enough I certainly LOVED it. Well, not the bewbs going about every 10-15 minutes or so but I love the main characters, Satellizer (the untouchable queen) and Kazuya.

I just LOVE Satellizer’s personality how she’s all cool and collected but at the same time she has that amazing moe factor that is so unexpected or should I say expected which I really love. She is also voiced by one of my favorite seiyuus Mamiko Noto which, I swear to God was so awesome in this role. She really fits Satella so much that I don’t think I would have loved Satellizer as much if she was voiced by a different seiyuu.

Another reason why I watched this show was because of Rana Linchen who is voiced by Kana Hanazawa. Rana Linchen adds a whole different spice to things when she appeared in episode 5.

I also love Satellizer and Kazuya’s chemistry and how they help each other and grow throughout the series.

I’m a sucker for harem and quirky romance show so I think this is 70% of the reason why I loved this show. The action is also amazing! Almost every episode will have an amazing fight sequence that will have you pumped up for the whole show.

One thing that irked me in the entire series is its similarity with Neon Genesis Evangelion but you will see the amazing similarity when the series is almost over I think it’s somewhere between episode 9-12 but I’m not gonna mention the similarities because I don’t want the eva fans to get all flustered and start calling this series an “Eva rip off”.

Here’s a synopsis of the series (I know I should have put this in the first part but I really don’t like reading the synopsis, seeing is believing);
Set in a slightly futuristic world where Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova, the story follows the adventures of a Japanese boy named Kazuya Aoi who enrolls for training at a special school for genetically modified girls called Pandoras who battle the aliens, and their male partners, called Limiters, who use a special power called "freezing" to limit their opponent's mobility.
The protagonist makes the acquaintance of an unusual older girl named Bridgette L. Satellizer who appears to be the most powerful Pandora in her class, but has not yet chosen a male partner to be her Limiter, and in spite of the warnings of all his friends, he decides to be her Limiter.
- From animenewsnetwork.com
So, if you’re a sucker for funny and quirky harem shows that has action and awesomeness like me then I really suggest that you give this anime a chance. Just try to look behind the flailing bewbs and overgrown "assets" and I assure you that you will enjoy this show as much as I have enjoyed it. :)
freezing
The first season was completed on April 7, 2011 so I’m hoping for a second season of Freezing goodness and Satella-sempai.

UPDATE: Season 2 has been CONFIRMED!

No comments:

Post a Comment